As we get old, we lose fat on our face resulting in wrinkles. Dermal fillers, when injected into the skin, help to restore the skin by softening the wrinkles. After applying local anesthesia, facial fillers for wrinkles are injected into the skin to get youthful skin and have fullness on the face.
Depending on the type of wrinkles and fillers used, your treatment will last for a varying period. After using facial fillers for wrinkles, you might have discomfort, bruising, and swelling for nearly a week. You will need touch-up injections after regular time intervals decided by your surgeon. The procedure is recommended for people who are in their mid-50s. Facial fillers for wrinkles can last from 4 months to more than a year.
About Facial Fillers for Wrinkles
As a result of loss of elasticity and collagen fibers due to old age, you might have wrinkles on your skin. With the help of facial fillers for wrinkles, you can get youthful skin at a lesser cost than facelift surgery. These fillers act as volumizers by plumping and lifting the cheeks, chin, jawline, and temples. You can fill out thin lips as well by using fillers. There are different types of fillers depending upon the type of wrinkles.
Wrinkles are or two types – dynamic and static wrinkles. Dynamic wrinkles are caused as a result of muscular activity during facial movement. Static wrinkles result from the skin losing elasticity and collagen with old age, and lines and folds appear when the face is relaxed. Usually, facial fillers are used for static wrinkles to increase the volume loss in the cheeks and smile lines. These fillers enhance the volume of the face, and improve the look of sunken cheekbones, and plumps up the lips.
Who Qualifies for Facial Fillers for Wrinkles?
People who have static wrinkles (lines or folds on the face when it is relaxed) resulting from loss of collagen in the face can use facial fillers. If you have dynamic wrinkles, then you must opt for Botox. You cannot use facial fillers if your immune system is suppressed or you are using anticoagulant medications.
How are Facial Fillers for Wrinkles Conducted?
You must take care that the dermatologist is only using FDA-approved Facial Wrinkle Fillers. Before the use of the fillers, surgeons examine the portion of the face to be augmented. Face is cleaned with the help of an antibacterial solution, followed by local anesthesia on the site of treatment. Doctors then inject the fillers on your face slowly. You can apply an ice pack on the site of injection to reduce discomfort.
Types of Facial Fillers for Wrinkles
There are many facial fillers for wrinkles that you can use according to the consultation of the doctor:
- Hyaluronic acid fillers – Since Hyaluronic acid is the component of connective tissue in our skin, you can use these fillers. These fillers increase the secretion of collagen fibers in your body, thus reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Collagen Wrinkle fillers – These fillers are derived from purified collagen extracted from the cow. Sometimes they may cause allergies since they are derived from an animal source.
- Calcium Hydroxyapatite – These fillers treat deeper wrinkles and restore the volume of the cheeks.
- Fat grafting – With the help of liposuction, fat from the lower abdomen is removed and injected into the cheeks, lips, or forehead.
- Permanent soft tissue fillers – On the other hand, permanent fillers stay in the skin permanently and our body cannot break them down. Due to the dispersion nature of these fillers, permanent fillers should be considered as an irreversible decision since the surgical removal attempts are extremely complex and are sometimes impossible. Permanent soft tissue filler generally is not recommended as a first-time facial filler treatment. The filler is used to smooth deep wrinkles around mouth.
- Poly-L-lactic acid fillers – These fillers work for nearly two years and must be injected 2-3 times. These fillers help to restore the facial volumes lost due to aging.
After Facial Fillers for Wrinkles
After undergoing facial fillers for wrinkles, you might observe swelling or scarring on the face. You must take care of your diet after getting injected since the bump makes it difficult to eat or drink. You must apply sunscreen daily on the face to preserve the filler. It also protects from post-inflammatory pigment changes due to the use of needles present in the injections.
If you are looking for a long-term way to remove or reduce wrinkles, you can use facial fillers for wrinkles. Your bone structure is more visible, and you will observe fewer fine lines on the face. These facial fillers for wrinkles are low-risk procedures.
Risks or Complications Associated with Facial Fillers for Wrinkles?
Although facial fillers for wrinkles are usually a safe procedure, there are still some risks. These are the following complications that can occur after using facial fillers for wrinkles:
- Allergic reactions or infections throughout the body or at the site of injection
- Bleeding at the site of injection due to damage to blood vessels
- Irregularity of the firmness of the skin
- You might observe tiny bumps under the skin
- You might suffer from the Tyndall effect or bluish skin discoloration
- If the fillers aren’t used properly, your skin cells can also die.
- Scarring of the skin
Request an appointment at Apollo Hospitals
Facial fillers for wrinkles are used on static wrinkles for people in their mid-50s. The procedure is performed under the guidance of an experienced and registered cosmetic surgeon or cosmetic dermatology . These facial fillers for wrinkles help in providing a youthful face with smooth skin. Hyaluronic acid, collagen wrinkle fillers, and fat grafting options are applied according to the portion of the face to be treated. The procedure is comparatively safe and takes place within 30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For how long will these fillers last?
These facial fillers fill the wrinkles within half an hour and last for four months to a year.
Can these facial fillers ruin my face?
If the surgeon uses excessive fillers, then the skin might stretch and lead to wrinkling of lips and aging of your skin.
Are facial fillers better than Botox?
Fillers can plump the skin, make it smooth and fill the deepest wrinkles, while Botox acts on superficial lines. According to your desired result, you can choose either of them or a combination of Botox and fillers.
What is the suitable age to get the fillers?
You can use facial fillers after your mid-40s since your body starts losing bone and collagen around that age. Most women use fillers around their mid-50s to reduce wrinkles and loose skin.
What should be the time duration in which I can get the fillers?
If you have used lip fillers, you need the touch-up after every 3-6 months; while using nose fillers, you need a touch-up between 6-12 months.