Your heart is an incredible machine. Here, we are sharing some interesting facts about your heart.
- The average heart beats 70-72 times per minute, that’s about 100,000 times each day, that’s more than 36 million times a year and that’s about 3 billion times in a lifetime.
- Your heart is about the size of a fist and is located close to the middle of the chest.
- Your heart weighs between 7 & 15 ounces, less than approximately 4 medium sized bananas.
- Your heart pumps about 2000 gallons of blood every day.
- Laughing is good for your heart. It reduces stress.
- Whales have the largest heart among mammals.
- The first open-heart surgery was performed in 1893. It was done by Daniel Hale Williams, who was one of the few black cardiologists in the United States at the time.
- The first implantable pacemaker was used in 1958.
To know more in detail about the topic, click here to talk to our best cardiologist : https://www.askapollo.com/physical-appointment/doctors/cardiologist