Your heart is an incredible machine. Here, we are sharing some interesting facts about your heart.
1. The average heart beats 70-72 times per minute, that’s about 100,000 times each day, that’s more than 36 million times a year and that’s about 3 billion times in a lifetime.
2. Your heart is about the size of a fist and is located close to the middle of the chest.
3. Your heart weighs between 7 & 15 ounces, less than approximately 4 medium sized bananas.
4. Your heart pumps about 2000 gallons of blood every day.
5. Laughing is good for your heart. It reduces stress.
6. Whales have the largest heart among mammals.
7. The first open-heart surgery was performed in 1893. It was done by Daniel Hale Williams, who was one of the few black cardiologists in the United States at the time.
8. The first implantable pacemaker was used in 1958.
World Heart Day
To know more in detail about the topic, click here to talk to our best cardiologist : https://www.askapollo.com/physical-appointment/doctors/cardiologist