Are you one of those, who are frustrated with the dark circles under your eyes? Well, you might be wondering what can be the cause for these unsightly dark circles. There can be many, from sleep deprivation, stress, nasal allergies etc. But now you don’t have to worry! There are several home remedies which are simple and easy-to-do, following them can help you lighten the dark circles and nourish or hydrate the skin around your eyes.
Here are some ways to get rid of dark circles, naturally –
- Amazing Almond Oil– This natural ingredient helps to lighten dark circles. Use almond oil with Vitamin E oil and say goodbye to those ugly patches! Before going to sleep, apply almond oil over the dark circles and leave it overnight. In the morning, wash it with cold water. Reapply. Repeat. Rinse.
- Cool Cucumber– You must have seen some ads or movies where women are relaxing at a spa with cucumber slices on their eyes. Well, they just don’t have skin lightening or astringent properties but are also fully equipped to remove dark circles. They smell good, and have a soothing & refreshing effect as well.
- Powerful Potato– Potato contains vital natural bleaching agents which when used raw help to lighten dark circles & reduces puffiness around your eyes. Grate a potato, extract the juice, dip a cotton ball and place it on your eyes.
- Rejuvenating Rose Water– You might have used rose water as a skin toner but have you ever thought that its mild astringent properties can actually help you to rejuvenate and get rid of dark circles around your eyes.
- Terrific Tomato– Use a spoonful of tomato juice, the bleaching properties of tomato will help you to get rid of the dark circles within a few days. Keep the juice around your eyes for 10 minutes and see the magic!
- Cold tea bags – Soak a tea bag in clean water and then place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Then, place the tea bags on your eyes. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Cold Milk – Soak a cotton pad in a bowl of cold milk for a while. Use the pad to apply the milk to your under-eye.
- Energizing Orange Juice – For using orange juice (for generally non-reactive or non-sensitive skin), add a few drops of glycerin to orange juice and then soak a cotton pad to apply to your under-eye skin.
You don’t have to go looking for remedies to remove dark circles, the things you are seeking for are right next to you.
Now aside from trying out multiple home remedies, or the tried home remedy do not get rid of dark circles under the eyes, a person can consult their dermatologist for further treatment options and follow-up. The general treatment options preferred by dermatologists after assessing the patient are elucidated as follows:
- Topical lightening creams – Mild topical lightening agents like topical vitamin C, lower potency retinols, kojic acid and azelaic acid may help reduce hyperpigmentation under the eyes. These are used in very low concentrations in mild formulations and are paired with sunscreens to help stabilize the skin.
- Opting for Chemical peels – Mild peels can help lighten hyperpigmentation under the eyes.
- Lasers – Implying use of the less invasive laser procedures for hyperpigmentation.
- Fillers – If the patient’s dark circles are due to the sunken nature of the orbitals, fillers of platelet-rich plasma and hyaluronic acid gel may be a treatment option to consider.